Friday, July 18, 2008

Outside for the First Time

First to clear up yesterday's post. I forgot to post the afternoon's accomplishments. But it doesn't matter much, because now I can't figure out how to edit it anyways! But if you must know, I didn't get much done because the ants launched an attack. I now have large red itchy bumps all over my right leg, and a smaller one right on the middle of my throat. A new brand of ant poison is now coating the colony.

Today we got the baby sitter to watch our daughter for a bit, and me and my boyfriend took Ashley and Nine out. This was Nine's first trip outside the round pen, and he did just fine.
We were not out for long, though, as the clouds were rolling it, the wind was whipping up and the lightning was threatening to ruin the positive training. So we put Nine back in the round pen and let all the other animals run around, because they desperately needed to blow off some steam. The cows were even bucking around, chasing each other.

So there probably will not be another update until Tuesday. See you then!

2 comments:

Karen C. said...

Yay! You all got out of the pen! Which means he is leading better, right? Have you figured out how to make him lead and trot doing it? I am working on that. :-) I will be one of the contestants who is leading my horse thru the course, and I will be trotting while he is walking with his head straight out in front of him giving him the illusion of speed! Ha ha!

Karen C. in Mid-MO

Christina de Pinet said...

No Karen, I have the same problem as you! I think, mayne, when I get a saddle on Nine that he will be more inclined to move forward, but we'll see.