Thursday, November 20, 2008

Long time, no post...

Sorry everyone (Karen, I guess that means you :P). I know I haven't posted any progress in ages. Unfortunately that's because we really haven't made any. I have been super busy with school. We did take Nine out a couple days ago, though. Fiance's mom rode Ashley and ponied Nine while I rode along on Hammar. Nine had three "spaz" moments where he decided to remind us that he is, indeed, just a three year old! He got away once, but only went about 6 feet before he stopped to graze. I walked right up to him and caught him again. So, he's ponying well, and he got to get out to see the sights, at least. Ashley was a wonder - whenever Nine pulled back (or forward, trying to run) Ash just stopped and pulled the other way! What a good girl.

Today Fiance and I went for a ride since the weather has been so nice (it's unnatural for it to be this warm at the end of November!). As usual I rode Hammar. Both horses were tired and lazy, but we went in some new territory which woke them up a bit. Hammar got to lope around and both horses got some hill work. We even saw elk! The dog, Katy, chased two cow elk over a couple hills before she let us call her back. Hammar was a bit nervous about that - he's never seen elk before! He really wanted to run. Then Katy found another cow elk and her calf up on the big hill. They just watched us ride past. So that was eventful, and we all really enjoyed ourselves.

Hopefully I'll have something to post about again soon! Winter break is coming up, but until then I have (gulp!) final exams, so I suppose I should get my head out of the corrals and back into the books for a while.

1 comment:

Karen C. said...

Hee hee, it is all about ME ME ME!!! :-)

I rode Tripp this past weekend, and it was the first time since we got back from TX. Someone asked me if it was easier to find time to ride when I was on a time schedule. The answer is YES! That might be your answer too, plus your school work. I am still impressed you made time for the Makeover and school both!

Nine is coming around. Each time you go spend time with him he is learning something new.

It is also nice to NOT hear about rumps hitting the dirt! Ha ha!

Hope you had a great Turkey Day!

See ya!

Karen and Tripp
Tell Fiance and daughter hello!