Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gosh darnit!

I tried to get on Nine the other morning before I fed. I tossed the halter on him and got the feeder next to him and hopped on. I thought he would be okay with that, since I've gotten on him so many times already. Well, 6 times isn't enough. The feeder isn't as tall as the mounting block that I have been using, so I had to jump a bit. And in response, he jumped a bit, then bucked me off. So, I got the mounting block and got back on. I suppose by that time he realized he could just jump around a bit and I would fall off, so he did, and I did.

I landed on my butt both times, but other than a skinned shin (again! Sheesh...) I am fine. A little sore, but fine. I thought about getting back on him again, but my legs wouldn't hold still and I didn't want to fall again. So I got the mounting block next to him and leaned over his back. I even out one leg on him, but didn't slide up. Then yesterday (it was Friday when he bucked me off) I turned all the horses out so they could get some exercise. Nine spent most of the time by the corrals scrounging for loose hay, but we made sure he got to run some (even if we did need to chase him with a stick).

1 comment:

Karen C. said...

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I have been reading about all the happenings!

That little stinker Nine sure is giving your butt a work out! And not in the good kind. OUCH! Be careful out there. When I was a kid I landed on my tailbone and broke it - once from a bucking horse and once from roller skating. It still isn't right to this day.

You all are still making progress tho - keep up the good work.

Karen and Tripp