Friday, September 5, 2008

We Have the Health Certificate!

Nine went to the vet to get his updated health certificate today. The vet, having looked at Nine a couple weeks ago in great detail, just looked into the trailer and decided that was good enough. Once we determined the Coggins test is still up to date, the vet signed the new certificate and off we went! $46 later...

Well, we can now trailer Nine to Texas, and that's what counts. The best thing to be said is that Nine loaded, trailered and unloaded really well. He even had three bales of hay behind him on the other side of the divider on the way home, and didn't fuss or fidget much! Then he stood patiently while we unloaded the hay. After a few nibbles of loose hay he followed me around a bit, backed through the "L" shape of tires, and went back into his round pen nicely.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Christina,

I have my comments in moderation so naturally I did not see yours until today. Thank you for your support. I can't wait to meet you and Nine. Plese keep us posted as soon as you take your first ride on Nine.

Karen C. said...

Hi Christina! Glad you got your Health Certificate - did it make you feel different? Mine did! It is the first time I am traveling anywhere with a horse, so I was feeling like big stuff when I walked out of that vet's office! Ha ha!!!
You and Nine are coming along great! I really can't wait to meet you all! Is your baby going to travel with you? She is a cutie!

See you soon!

Karen and Tripp

Christina de Pinet said...

Karen - I've never gone out of State with horses before either! I was being very protective and possessive of the folder that holds Nine's health papers.

And yes, I'm pretty sure my daughter is coming with me. My fiance is doing his best to get work off (he informed his boss he would be gone the weekend of the competition as soon as we found out I had been accepted, but they are having trouble finding a replacement. And as the boss is the daughter of the people who's truck and trailer we are borrowing... well, he's having trouble!). Anyways, hopefully he will get time off and he can bring our daughter along. If not, I will probably have to have the baby in the truck with us, which is okay, except that then the woman (boss's mom) who will be driving the truck will then have to play baby sitter for Elayne most of the weekend! So I'm trying to use that as an extra reason the Fiance needs to come ;)