Monday, September 29, 2008

I rode him, I rode him!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I finally rode Nine. And I have proof!

Pardon the Mother-in-Law arm, she was trying to get him to perk his ears...
Anyways, I got on Nine bareback today. I had to use the cow's water trough as a mounting block, because it was empty anyways and I needed something taller than Nine's feeder, which I had been trying to use. I know, I'm a wimp! I can't just hop up on there... But I will soon, now that we're rolling. Anyways, I'll spare the boring details and just give you pictures. I got on twice, and he was much more relaxed then.



And one last head shot:

Oh yes, I think I should note that Nine did not buck or bolt or even spook the whole time! He didn't want to move forward, either... But I got several steps from him in a nearly strait line before we were done completely. Nine did excellently; I am so proud of him!

3 comments:

Karen C. said...

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! You go girl!!! I can just imagine the excitement you are feeling right now! AAAHHHH!!!!

The pictures are great, and the smile on your face - well, it is worth 1000 words!

Great job!

By the way, I finally updated my blog! You were my inspiration....okay, I told everyone I got in trouble by you and Nine! Ha ha!

Until later....Karen and Tripp

Kirstin's Mustang Project 2011 said...

Yeah for you and Nine. I wonder if you feel the way Kirstin felt when she got to ride Taz for the first time. She looked at me and she just said, I'm riding a Mustang and there was so much enthusiam and joy in her voice and on her face. It must be a magnificent feeling just knowing what you have accomplished. Keep plugging away at it and before you know it your little girl will be riding Nine like my little girl rides Taz and you will look out at the two of them with so much joy and admiration and you will know that you did something so right and so wonderful-not just for Nine but also for your family.

Christina de Pinet said...

Thanks Karen and Kirsten's mom! And I have a Follower now, how neat :P