Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bah Monsoons

Not much progress to tell you about today... It has been rainy and thundery and stormy every day for the past four days and is showing no sign of stopping now. I suppose I should be happy, we need the rain as much as anyone, but it is getting a bit annoying.

What I can tell you about, and be happy about, is that I got Nine to pick up his feet and let me clean them out with a hoof pick this morning. He is much better with his right leg, it only took two tries before he let me clean that hoof out. His left side... not so much. That took a bit longer, but I did get it done. Now I think we might be able to get his feet trimmed! And they need it, too. Now I need to suck it up and get working on his back feet. Who knew I, the little cowgirl who rides anything, would ever be afraid to pick up a horse's feet? Well, everything changes eventually. I just need to do it anyways.

No comments: