Friday, June 19, 2009

Ouch!

So on Wednesday I did manage to get myself on the horse. It fried my nerves, but I sat all the way in the saddle, and Nine never even flinched. I was going to try to ride him on Thursday as my mother in law ponied Nine from Ashley, but as I was saddling Nine he spooked, stepped on my foot, then jumped off my foot, leaving a hoof shaped mark in my favorite boots and a swollen bruise on my foot. Today (Friday) I can walk, but I am very sore from being so beat up and my foot is quite tender. So I didn't get on Nine again :( My baby sitter is out of town for a while, so I don't know when I'll be able to work with the horses again for the next two weeks. We'll see. Well, I will. I doesn't seem like anyone is reading my posts anymore :P That's what I get for not posting for weeks at a time!

3 comments:

Kirstin's Mustang Project 2011 said...

ouch is right. I still read your post, and am here in Texas cheering you on. I know that you will be riding Nine when Nine is ready. Kirstin has her new yearling for the makeover. She has had him for a week now and things seem to be going great. Don't give up.
Kirstin's mom
Priscilla

Christina de Pinet said...

Oh, I'm not giving up, Priscilla! Just taking a break ;) My foot is much better, which means nothing is seriously broken. If you read this, tell Kirsten I know she'll do great, and good luck from me!

Karen C. said...

OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! I got stepped on a while back and felt the relief you did that nothing was broken.
Things will happen with you and Nine when both of you are ready. In the meantime, just keep on loving him and taking him out on your other riding adventures.

Karen and Tripp