Monday, June 22, 2009

The New Excitement in the Neighborhood

Well, my foot is feeling much better! Apparently nothing is broken. Whenever I can get some babysitting help (my normal child care provider is out of town) I feel I can get back up on that high horse, literally. However, there is something a little more urgent happening around here!

My mother in law is getting a very early Christmas gift from her neighbor; a 9 year old registered Quarter Horse mare. She will be here in 2 weeks, so we need to get the MiL's fence fixed before then! There hasn't been a horse on that property in ages, so the fence is in a sorry state, but I think we'll manage. It will be a lot of work, and we need to find a saddle and bridle for my mother in law, since all her tack was destroyed in a house fire a few years ago. But soon I will have access to another horse to train my horses to ride around a strange horse! Yay! Also, MiL can ride her mare, leaving at least two more ridable horses at my house (three once Nine is started well) so everyone can ride together! I just had a little image in my head of MiL riding her mare (she thinks she'll call her Sally), I riding Nine, my fiance riding Ashley and ponying Hammar who will carrying our daughter. Cute!

2 comments:

Karen C. said...

I have a visual of you all riding together! What an awesome gift for the MiL! :-) You all sure do keep busy!

By the way, I will be doing the EMM in Tennesse this year. :-) I still have two TIP horses at my house I need to get more riding time on before they go home to their adopters. They were my first two TIP horses and I really did not know what I was up against, so I said I would keep them both as long as it took. I have learned a lot from both of them!

Keep us posted! And keep pictures of half pint coming. She is a cutie!

Karen and Tripp

Christina de Pinet said...

Karen,

I'd like to do the TIP program, but I think my dad would be mad at having to haul the extra hay! How hard is it trying to find adopters?

Half Pint is cranky right now and needs a nap...