Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Walk on the Wild Side

My awesome boyfriend Paul had a good idea yesterday afternoon - we took the horses for a walk (we didn't have enough time to ride). I took Nine and he took Ashley. I was showing off a bit and asked Nine to trot. He was going along alright once he realized Ashley wasn't going to eat him when he got in front of her, but then he started slowing down so I clucked at him to get him to get quicker - well, he did that! Next thing I know he was passing me like a bat out of hell, then he was out of there! He ran down the road then turned; once I realized he was heading back home I ran to intercept him at the gate. He just ran back and forth waiting for me to move.

So Paul released Ashley - yes this was off the property, but our horses are pretty predictable - especially at feed time! So Ash bucked for a few minutes, then ran off and Nine followed. They came tearing back at the speed of light, it seemed!

So that was my day. I also got on Nine - before we had them running around. He let me get up on the mounting block and slip right up there. I didn't stay on long and I was laying over his neck, but still. It's a big step :)

No comments: